DECEMBER EPILOUGE: "December comes here, The same"

 DECEMBER EPILOUGE:
"December comes here, The Same"



Last December. Not only have I made "Anna Hummingbird", but also wrote an original song:


 "The Same"

December has always been my fav month, because of all the warm fuzzy feelings of spending good times with friends and family. And as an ARO, romantic love doesn't know it's place often in my heart. But once in a while, I do fantasize the warm feelings of love. And in cold times, everyone huddles together. 

All in all, it was a good time to know each other better.


The same reflects my feelings of just spending time with my loved ones/ friends, made such an enjoyable month for me. 


Have you ever had someone who meant so much to you, residing so far from your reach?
That is how it was, with a close friend for over 11 years.
We were very 'undetachable' friends through our school days, but life had different plans for her.

When I wrote the lyrics to this song. Yes, I had meant it as a romantic song. However, with lack of experience in love. I was immediately reminded of her. Love comes in different forms. And it is also love in friendship, that I found within.

We used to spend Christmas together, back when she was still residing here in Singapore.  It was unfortunate that she lives in a country, where mail could go missing *SADGE NOISES*

As a Christmas gift dedicating to my best darling in my life. I depict the feeling of missing the times that we spent on a lively Christmas. And also at the same time, it paint a picture of 

Every year goes by the same.
And so does the missing as well

I have never shared this song with her before. 

This goes out to my best friend Sandy.
 
My best art buddy. 
My sister from another mother. 
My confident. 
My greatest anchor in the wildest storms


MUSIC PROCESS
Lets be honest....
I procrastinate alot when it comes to making music.

I was pretty much running very late on my personal deadline for the song. So this was purely a one take live recording of my vocals and a clean guitar with Walrus Audio Fathom Pedal (Granular Delay).

Thereafter, I had a chance to play around with a new plugin by Valhalla (Valhalla Shimmer) effects on a piano in Ableton Live 11, that gives that sweet drippy delay that I always enjoy placing in my songs.

END 






SOUNDCLOUD: The Same
BANDCAMP: The Same(Melted Ver.) | Wolflower22 (bandcamp.com)

LYRICS

In this cold air
In this warmness of you
Slept till morning
Cuddled closely, with you
Gingerbread mans, warm and cosy it feels
December songs plays, candles lights up the same

Things are different, when I'm always with you
Though the wind blows, hold me tightly you'll do
Stars in far north, guiding closer to you
December songs plays, Christmas comes here the same

[interlude] oh

[Bridge]
Echoes in my ears,
Sounds of these chorus, I know well
Time passes fast,
Snow days I wished it wouldn't leave

It has been, a frantic year
We learned to love, more even more

December is not the same, when it comes to you


In this cold air

In this warmness of you
Slept till morning
Cuddled closer to you
Gingerbread mans, warm and cosy it feels
December songs plays, will your heart feel the same

In this cold air
In this warmness of you
Lights in dark skies, 
Flutters deep in my heart
Kiss me gently, under these mistletoes
December songs plays, I will love you the same.







MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!~
Here's a Silence to keep you company as a joyous mistletoe uwu!




Comments

Popular Posts