JANUARY 2023 INTRO: DA CODA-"BREAK YOURSELF FROM AN ENDLESS LOOP"

 JANUARY 2023


DAL SEGNO, DA CODA

[TW: Death, Guilt]

This year's resolution was to overcome fears and getting out of my comfort zone. January was a month, where I tapped into the past that hurts me for a very long time. 

Well, lets start from where this hurt came from and why it had such a strong hold on me for years.



I never would have thought that, I had to witness such a sight at 16 years old. The sudden death of a friend.
It was more than the grief that washes over me, but of guilt. The feeling of being helpless.
Which, was always the very core reason that brings me into working as a nurse.

However, as much as I wanted to wash away the guilt and helplessness. This job has shown me, that if things are meant to happen, it will still proceed as it is. 
Life is unfair, and life is short.


Despite looking back into the guilt and pushing it back in my mind again and again. Like a cancer, it relapses and reminds me of it once again.



DAL SEGNO/ DAL CODA

DAL SEGNO: Directs the player to a spot earlier in the score that's marked by the symbol.
DA CODA: If the marking says D.S. al coda, then the player will play from Dal Segno to a "to coda"
to the end of the score.


I describe my experience of having guilt over and over again like a Dal Segno and Da Coda.

Back in college, I used to be in classical guitar. And Da coda and Dal segno frequently appears in our scores. the use of Da coda and Dal segno in scores, where a way of making a " loop" in the pieces that we were playing.



CYBERPUNK 2077 GROWL 89.7 FM




Last November, I had a great chance to work on an original on my own after a very long time. And it was based on the game "Cyberpunk 2077".
It was a new experience trying out something that was out of my music comfort zone. But it definitely gave me opportunities to practise on using synths, along with mixing and mastering.

I was fortunate to have other producers around me giving me tips on the things that I was lacking in( such as drums, and how I can make it sound better).

The writing of the lyrics was a very tricky one. But, it bought me back to watching only one episode of Cyberpunk edgerunners. And I referenced the first verse of my song from there.
Due to busy schedule, I could not catch up with the other chapters of the anime. Hence, I came up with the other lyrics in the 2nd verse, using my own past feelings.

I named the title of the song " Aconite", a flower commonly known as Wolf'sbane.
Wolfsbane are commonly use to serve as a warning. And I felt that It was fitting to the storyline of Cyberpunk Edgerunners anime. As the anime had a plot where, there are people who lost control to their Cybergears, a term known as "Cyberpsychosis".

The original version of the song was rushed, as I procrastinated alot. So, it didnt turn out very impactful.

Which brings about my new version of the song, where I named the version " Da Coda"
Where I bring elements of Da Coda and Dal Segno into the song.










































Comments

Popular Posts