TIDINGS OF LAST CHRISTMAS (ANNA HUMMINGBIRD)

 ANNA HUMMINGBIRD


This was a piece that I made for myself last Christmas, based on the indie game "A Short Hike"

A short hike was a game following the adventures of a bird named Claire, who travels to Haw Peak Trail on her day off, where her aunt works as a ranger.

The game was somewhat comfort me, with the light and warmth game music that it presents along with the gameplay. Therefore, this inspired me to make "ANNA HUMMINGBIRD"



ABOUT ANNA HUMMINGBIRDS


Anna Hummingbird mostly thrives in winter regions, where no other hummingbirds are.

This information on the bird somehow reminds me of Claire in the game, where we had to a climb Haw Peak Trail and it gets snowy almost at the top, where there was hardly anyone there.

It just felt like a cold journey on our own.



MUSIC PROCESS
In terms of producing music and using DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations). At that time, I was learning on how to use a tool in Ableton 11, called the "Simpler"

In other words, its a tool that allows you to control an audio/ sample.
As a person who absolutely love reverb, I love adjusting the samples that I had on hand with the simpler and adding those dripping reverse effect held so much impact in the project,

Even though I do own a physical sampler ( KORG VOLCA Sampler), however there are LIMITS   on how much the physical sampler could do, compared to a digital workstation.



However, that does not mean that physical workstations are inferior to digital workstation. (Which we will try to attempt it next year) 

From there on, we came to a final product, of how I depict a ending journey and winter to be like
(As I live in the Southeast region. I have never really touched snow before)


Comments

Popular Posts