FEBUARY 2023: VALENTINE'S DAY


VALENTINE'S DAY


Valentine's day is over. 

Over the years as an aromantic individual. I have learnt that, we are not truly alone( even though when we don't have a love partner).

Love comes in abundance, and it comes in different forms.

I do not believe in romantic love, but I do believe in love of friendship.
And therefore, this inspired me to make a short mini song for Valentine's Day


TOOLS

I bought a Tascam Porta 414 Casette Mixer back in December, but had no chance to use it after my purchase for a whole long month. So I figured that it was a good time to try and figure things out on how to record on a casette mixer.

Recording on Analog can be a brave experience, and yet a scary one. Compared to digital, where a  redo button exist. Analog knows no redo button.
It trains me to be confident and sure of what I was playing. As I seek forward to busking irl this year, I have to learn to be more confident in my guitar playing. 

The issue about having analog to digital, would be static hum. Which is unavoidable most of the times.

I remember complaining so much about the hum till Producer Isaak told me " Make it work then. Its your sound design".

So, therefore I took reference of the psychedelic style of artist Shin Hae Gyeong, where his music has excessive use of LFOs in the midst of heavy reverb distortions.

And true enough, LFOs gave the music a push of "head in the clouds" feeling.


LYRICS
As a aromantic individual, love doesnt comes to me. Nor do I have the experience of being in a relationship. So therefore, I wrote my feelings of crushing over friends, and the subtle fear of losing the friendship I had with my crush, if I ever confess to them.

Like many said" any shot you do not take, is a shot miss"
And honestly, I do missed lots of shots. Because most of the time, I truly do only find out years later that they do feel the same way as I did.
But I guess fate disapproves of it.


The song was written in Malay, as I felt a sense of comfort when a guy refers me as "Sayang" (Meaning "Love"/"Darling")
And honestly, when I compliment a guy that looks good to me. I compliment them in the malay language too.



(hey friend, you've been up for so long)
hei kawan, awak sudah lama bangun

(what's bothering you)
apa ya-ng, mengganggu anda

(I want to know)
saya ingin ta

Hei sayang
(what do i say?)

apa yang, saya katakan
(What i felt for you, and I know)
Apa yang saya rasa untuk, awak, dan saya tahu

(i thought i was crazy, thinking of you)
Saya fikir-, saya gila, memikirkan awa

(And i hope I dont lose you)
Dan saya harap saya tidak 

(These feelings sprouts within this heart)
Perasaan ini berputik dalam hati ini

(oh sayang, you dont have to try)
oh sayang, tak payah cuba
I love you
saya sayang awak


Though I never said
But you crossed my mind
When the sun comes down
I will stay right here

Tiny gestures feels
Like I'm home with you




Comments

Popular Posts